This privacy notice sets out the ways in which Dockyard First Street Ltd t/a Gasworks Brew Bar, company number 09468106 (Gasworks) collects, processes and shares your personal data.
Information Gasworks collects:
Gasworks may automatically collect, process and use the following information:
- when you log on to guest wifi services, information may be taken from the social media account (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc) through which you access the guest wifi service, All users of our wifi service are able to login to access & update the information we collect at https://mydata.mywifi.solutions/login
- through any correspondence between you and us, your responses to surveys that we ask you to complete for research purposes, details of any transactions which you carry out through the service, your browsing history and details of you use of the service including (without limitation) location data, weblogs and other communication data and resources accessed by you
- any information we collect about the computer, tablet, mobile telephone, smart phone or other electronic device used to access the service
- any information which we collect about your actual location and relative signal strength, and data collected by us for wifi enabled devices present at a location by means of relative signal strength from access points from which an X/Y co-ordinate is calculated
- any information collected by us when your device is used to access the service including (without limitation) internet protocol addresses, internet service providers, browser types, language, viewed and exit pages and date and time stamps
- details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, IP addresses, pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us determine how many people use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis and how popular our pages are. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service
- when you telephone to make a booking, and when you attend an event at one of our pubs
- when you fill in forms on our website, subscribe to receive e-communications, enquire about a specific product or service, request information via telephone, request a call back, respond to a campaign, enter a competition or promotion, submit a question to us or provide us with feedback
Personal information such as:
- email address
- telephone number
- your date of birth
- your gender
- your payment card information
- social media account
- and other information you provide during the booking process.
We may receive certain categories of information listed above from sources other than you, such as from third-party websites, applications, and individuals who have added you as a guest to their booking. We may combine this information with information we collect.
What is your data used for?
Gasworks processes your personal data in the following ways, and on the following legal bases:
- Your name, telephone and email address for the purposes of sending you direct electronic marketing. Gasworks will only do this if you have given your consent to being provided with the direct electronic marketing. You may opt-out of receiving this at any time by contacting email@example.com or by changing your preferences.
- To carry out Gasworks’ obligations arising from any contracts entered between Gasworks and you, for example to take payment.
- To send you a confirmation email or text message to verify and confirm your table bookings and gift voucher orders, this is necessary for the performance of Gasworks’ contract with you so that it can confirm your bookings and provide you with details about your voucher. It is also in Gasworks’ legitimate interests to ensure that customers are reminded about their bookings.
- To enhance your experience of the Gasworks Brew Bar and website, we do this as it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that you receive the best experience possible.
- To optimise your experience of the types of direct electronic marketing that Gasworks sends you (where you have consented to direct electronic marketing). Gasworks does this on the basis that it is necessary in Gasworks’ legitimate interest to ensure that such direct marketing is of interest and use to you.
- To inform you of our allergen procedure and to ascertain whether special dietary requirements apply to your booking.
- Any other purposes where we have obtained your consent to do so.
We may use your information in an anonymised and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data so that we can enhance our IT systems or website and carry out research. We may share this anonymised and/or aggregated data with third parties, but you will not be identifiable from any such data. Gasworks may review your personal data if it has reason to believe that the information has been provided inappropriately, unlawfully or illegally. Gasworks does this on the basis that it is necessary in its legitimate interest to ensure that the pubs and website are being used appropriately, lawfully and legally.
Disclosing information to third parties
Gasworks does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal identifiable information to outside parties other than as set out in this privacy notice.
Gasworks provides your personal data:
- to selected third party providers in order to process and deliver your bookings and orders, for example payment providers, gift voucher merchants and third party online booking providers
- to selected marketing agencies, web-mailing companies and hosting companies
- credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies
Gasworks will only transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to organisations who have adequate safeguards in place to ensure the security of your personal data.
Gasworks will disclose your personal data to third parties
- if Gasworks sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Gasworks will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset
- if Gasworks or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- or if Gasworks is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gasworks, you or any third party, and to investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement Gasworks has with you. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Gasworks may pass your personal data to third parties in a statistical and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data. Gasworks will always ensure that you are not identifiable from any such data. We may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Gasworks has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, it limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and in accordance with this privacy notice. They will only process your personal data in accordance with Gasworks’ instructions.
Gasworks has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where it is legally required to do so. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. If you have any reason to believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure, then please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Holding your personal data
Gasworks will retain your data for as long as we need to hold it in order to provide you with services and to improve, analyse and optimise your customer experience. We may also retain your data for further periods where we need to do so in order comply with any legal or regulatory requirements (including keeping certain records for seven years for HMRC purposes), to carry out audits, to detect and prevent fraud, to enforce contracts or to resolve any disputes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, Gasworks considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which Gasworks processes your personal data and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Where Gasworks relies on consent as the condition for processing your personal data, for example for sending you electronic direct marketing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You have various statutory rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have the right to:
- object to direct marketing communications at any time
- request and obtain access to your personal data
- rectification or erasure of your personal data, in certain circumstances
- object to or restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- have your personal data stored in a manner in which it is portable from the environment in which it is stored by Gasworks to another environment
- and file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to Privacy Notice
If Gasworks decides to change this privacy notice, any changes will be posted on this page.
This privacy notice was last modified on 24th May 2018.
If you wish to contact Gasworks in relation to this privacy notice, including in relation to any of the rights set out in section 7 above, please contact us at email@example.com